New publications from the Thomas Ashton Institute for Risk and Regulation
17 September 2021
Our colleagues have recently published articles for Construction Manager Magazine, ICE Virtual Library and Safety and Health Practitioner online. Our recent work is listed below.
- Digital information technologies for prevention through design (PtD): A literature review and directions for future research
With the rapid development of digital information and modelling software applications for construction, questions have arisen about their impact on construction safety. This paper provides a systematic review of a wide range of digital technologies for enhancing PtD.
- The rise of work-related violence and aggression
Kara Ng and Sheena Johnson say work related violence may be more common than we think.
- Keeping the UK Builsing Safely: A scoping study
Prepared for The PROTECT COVID-19 National Core Study on transmission and environment. Construction workers across the UK have played a vital role in keeping the country running during the COVID-19 pandemic. This research report describes a scoping study aimed at improving understanding of the construction sector’s efforts to build a ‘COVID-secure’ workplace.
- Infrastructure project delivery and its role in our economic recovery
Industry experts take a deep dive into how industry has been affected by Brexit and Covid-19, and discuss the paths to recovery.
- Work-related violence and aggression: Don’t accept it. Report it. Prevent it.
In this article Helen Beers and Sheena Johnson discuss work-related violence and aggression – the importance of staff reporting incidents to their employers, and of employers understanding the problem and taking action to prevent it.
- Manchester covid research welcomes member views
CIOB members from The University of Manchester have investigated the impact of the covid-19 pandemic on the UK construction sector.